Appetizer Recipes : Shrimp Cocktail
... a great appetizer recipe to try...a classic one !
Appetizer Recipes Ingredients
* 1 ½ - 2 pounds of shrimp, cleaned
* 2 cups of warm water
* ½ cup of sugar
* ½ cup of kosher salt
* 2 cups of ice
* ¼ cup of olive oil
* Cajun seasoning (or Old Bay seasoning)
Appetizer Recipes Instructions
1. Dissolve the sugar and salt in the warm water.
2. Add the ice.
3. Add the shrimp.
4. Let the shrimp marinate in the brine for a half hour.
5. Preheat your broiler with a cookie sheet in the broiler.
6. Take the shrimp out of the brine and rinse under cool water.
7. Dry the shrimp.
8. Toss the shrimp in the olive oil and sprinkle it with the Cajun seasoning.
9. Place the shrimp on the hot cookie sheet and broil for two minutes.
10. Turn the shrimp over and broil for two more minutes.
11. Place the shrimp on a cold cookie sheet or plate and refrigerate.
The great shrimp cocktail appetizer recipe is ready to serve.....enjoy it !