APPETIZER RECIPES : CHICKEN CROQUETTES
Another great appetizer recipe to try...Chicken Croquettes...great for starters !
Appetizer Recipes Ingredients
* 2 cups cooked chicken
* 4 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon parsley
* ½ teaspoon onion juice
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons butter or other fat
* 1 tablespoon flour
* 1 cup milk or cream
* 4 eggs
Appetizer Recipes Instructions
1. Mix the chicken, mushrooms, salt, pepper, parsley, onion and lemon juice.
2. Make a white sauce: combine butter, flour, and milk or cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constanly, until butter is melted.
3. Add the chicken and cook for three minutes.
4. Stir in two beaten eggs.
5. Take from the fire immediately, pour into a greased, flat dish and allow to cool for an hour. Note: The colder the mixture becomes, the easier it is to handle.
6. Shape into patties, and coat with fine crumbs.
7. Beat the other two eggs in a bowl or deep plate.
8. Dip the patties in the egg, then in crumbs, put them in a frying basket, not crowding them, and cook in hot oil for two minutes.
9. Optional: serve with Bechamel or mushroom sauce. ...hmmm what a nice taste of chicken croquettes.....enjoy the appetizer !