APPETIZER RECIPES : TOMATO TOAST
Tomato Toast appetizer recipe...an easy and tasty one !
* 1 quart of tomatoes
* Dash of cayenne
* 1 tablespoon of sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 4 slices of wheat bread
* Heavy cream, whipped
1. Stew tomatoes and season nicely with salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne, sugar, and butter.
2. A very little nutmeg or mace may be added if liked with a dash of onion juice.
3. Toast thin slices of entire wheat bread to an even, delicate brown; put them on a hot platter and moisten slightly with hot water and melted butter.
4. Cover the toast with the hot tomato. Just before serving, put 1 spoonful of thick, whipped cream on the top of each slice.
5. This is a nice breakfast or lunch dish to serve with a plain omelet and crisp slices of bacon.
Great taste appetizer is at your service....enjoy it for starting meals !
Try this other great recipe : Apple-roly-polies-recipe